June 10, 2013: The EMQ FamiliesFirst group home in Davis has come into the news for a second time in less than a week for alleged sexual assaults, by minor-aged boys, of girls living at the home or, in the latest case, a 13-year-old resident AWOL from the home. According to a story by Tillie Fong in today's Sacramento Bee:
...[Davis police lieutenant Paul] Doroshov said Davis police are investigating up to six open cases of sexual assault involving FamiliesFirst residents in April and May.
"Every time we have an allegation, we open up a new case," he said.
At this point, it is not clear how many victims or suspects are involved, or if they were all the result of forcible rape. However, due to the ages of the parties involved, the cases may be classified as statutory rape even if there was consent.
"We can only wonder why there is the sudden upsurge of cases for this kind of behavior," Doroshov said.
So far, 10 youths have been removed from the FamiliesFirst facility. "We are concerned about the safety of these kids in the facility," Doroshov said. "We're also concerned about the danger they can get into if they get out."
Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2013/06/10/5484348/teen-arrested-in-alleged-sexual.html#storylink=cpy